"Think Big" Mural Project
The Lost Pines Art Center is answering the call to develop the Bastrop Cultural Arts District in and around Chestnut Street; therefore, we are embarking upon the “Think Big Mural Project” which will result in beautiful outdoor murals at the Lost Pines Art Center and beyond.
We need your input about the new murals. Please complete this three question survey to help us get started. Your answers will be shared with our mural artists as they design the new murals.
To take the survey, click here.
Call for Murals
The Lost Pines Art Center is currently accepting proposals for outdoor murals. Artists are invited to apply for consideration. Applications from individual artists or groups will be considered.
Our 2019-2020 public art series addresses the themes of nature, art, and history/culture. Works that bear a strong demonstrable connection to the essence of our town are of particular interest. We will accept other proposals as well. We also support interactive murals which encourage audience participation.
To submit to the call, send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “2019 Mural: Last Name, First Name.” Please submit applications as a single pdf file (max 25MB), and include the following information:
• Name of artist(s).
• Main contact info (e-mail, phone, address).
• A brief artist(s) bio (250 words max); be sure to outline your recent experience and accomplishments as an artist.
• Website or URL link to represent examples of previous work.
• Technical requirements (500 words max); describe any outdoor wall mural projects that you have been granted (not electric boxes or sidewalks) and/or if you have attended a training seminar for artists in mural-making. Briefly outline what materials you will be using and how you plan to execute the mural. Include any special equipment that will be needed.
• Up to 3 images/sketches of proposed mural concept. Dimensions of wall space have not been confirmed yet, so sketches of a single concept adapted to different dimensions are highly encouraged.
The deadline for submission is Monday, March 11th, 2019 at 12:00 pm CST.
Selection Criteria & Process:
Selection criteria will be based on artistic creativity, previous experience, feasibility (technical requirements and cost), appropriateness of artwork to the community, and how the concept relates to the thematic guidelines listed above.
All applicants will receive a confirmation of received proposals. Selected participants will be notified by March 22nd, 2019. Materials will be supplied by the Lost Pines Art Center. The center will also bear responsibility for installation.
There are four potential walls on which murals could be installed:
West 1 – 7x4′, 21x7′, 8x9′
West 2 – 20x12′
East 1 – 14x8′
East 2 – 22x14′